2011年7月25日月曜日

The career path of a famous Japanese ballet dancer

I will introduce about a Japanese famous ballet dancer. Her name is Miyako Yoshida. I think she is a bridge between Japan and UK. She has a lot of fans not only Japanese but also British people.
Yoshida has started ballet in 1974. After she got a scholarship in a ballet contest, she entered the Birmingham Royal Ballet. In 1989, she moved up to principal. Then, she was awarded the global award and the arts encouragement prize for artists from the Ministry of Education. In 2001, she was also appointed a UNESCO artist for peace. She joined the Royal Ballet as principal dancer in 1995, and in 2010 she retired from the Royal Ballet. She danced ballet in the U.K. for 26 years.

Yoshida did not lose her Japanese point when she danced. She is constraint and hard worker. Ballet is Western culture, so it is a handicap for most Japanese because they are shy. Westerners also have long arms and legs which look good when dancing ballet. However, Yoshida accepted her physical limitations, and changed artistic flavor. Through her expressive power, she uses her entire body to express the role. We can feel her Japanese hospitality. She improved her personality, so she has a high standing.

She always thinks about ballet. She acts between thoughts of ballet. For example, she pays attention to how to land when she jumps. Her ballet gets plenty of attention. She can conform closely to music, and she has a transparent presence on stage. She also has ability and aura. Absolutely imperative to ballerinas, so she enchants us.

She practices everyday, and goes all out. She said “if I go all out of 120% in daily lesson, I can dance power of 100% in my stage.” She works hard everyday, so she can dance perfectly on stage. Her preparation is professional. She thinks that professionals have passion and pride, and take up one thing. She has continued ballet and made an effort. Professionals also know what one should do.

I found we should always move forward, and keep trying. Now, I work towards my goal because I want to move myself higher. I also learned about good spirit and the expedience of practice from Yoshida, so I will practice hard like her. I think she is really attractive, and she does Japan proud. Please, watch You Tube. You will be moved by her ballet.  

2 件のコメント:

hannahmanatana さんのコメント...

Hello!
I think she is nice.I respect her as a woman. I will check Youtube.
When did you start ballet?

sakuramochi さんのコメント...

To hannahmanatana
Hello☆
Yes, she is really nice women!
I have started ballet since 2 years old.:)